By Carrie Dorr
Serves 12 muffins
(1) 2 1/4 cups all purpose gluten-free flour
(2) 1 tbsp baking powder
(3) 1/2 tsp baking soda
(4) 1/2 tsp cinnamon
(5) 1/4 tsp salt
(6) 4 cups spinach, tightly packed
(7) 2/3 cup coconut sugar
(8) 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
(9) 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
(10) 1/4 cup applesauce
(11) 2 tsp vanilla extract
(12) 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
(13) 1 medium banana, mashed
(1) Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with muffins liners or spray with non-stick spray.
(2) In a large bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Whisk to combine.
(3) In a blender, add spinach, sugar, milk, oil, applesauce, vanilla and vinegar. Blend until completely smooth and there are no spinach chunks.
(4) Add spinach mixture and mashed banana to the flour mixture. Whisk until all ingredients are combined. Pour batter evenly into each muffin cup, about ¾ full.
(5) Bake for 5 minutes, then reduce heat to 350°F. Bake for an additional 25-27 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in a muffin comes out clean. Remove the muffins and let them cool in the pan for 10 minutes.