(1) 2 cups quinoa flour
(2) 2 tsp baking soda
(3) 2 tsp ground cinnamon
(4) 1 tsp ground cloves
(5) 1/2 tsp ground ginger
(6) 1/2 tsp sea salt
(7) 1/3 cup crystalized ginger chopped into small pieces
(8) 1/2 cup coconut oil, in a liquid state
(9) 1 cup packed light brown sugar
(10) 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
(11) 1 egg
(12) 1/4 cup molasses
(13) 1/4 cup cane sugar (for rolling)
(1) Preheat oven to 350°F
(2) Whisk flaxseed with egg. Set aside.
(3) In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (quinoa flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and sea salt). Set aside.
(4) Using an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream brown sugar and coconut oil until creamy, about2 minutes. Beat in molasses and flaxseed egg until combined.
(5) With the mixer on low, gradually add the flour mixture, beating just until incorporated. Add in crystalized ginger pieces and give it one last mix.
(6) Using hands, roll dough in to 1 inch balls. Place sugar in a shallow bowl and roll each ball of dough in the sugar to coat.
(7) Transfer cookies to prepared baking sheets,spacing evenly.
(8) Bake for 12-15 minutes or until dark golden brown and puffy. rotating baking sheet halfway through baking.
(9) Remove from oven and use the back of a fork to press gently in the center of each cookie to make more of a flattened cookie shape.
(10) Let them cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. (11) Enjoy!