By Frank Dorr
Makes 2 Small-Medium Pizzas, Serves 2-4
(1) 3/4 cup quinoa, soaked 24 hours in water
(2) 3/4 cup millet, soaked 24 hours in water
(3) 1/2 cup water
(4) 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
(5) 1/2 tsp salt
(6) 1/4 cup lightly packed basil
(1) Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
(2) Rinse grains in a fine-mesh sieve then scrape into food processor. Add water, 1 tablespoon olive oil and salt. Blend until you get a thick, pancake batter-like consistency. Add basil and another 2-4 tablespoons water if needed to thin (I added another 3 tablespoons water).
(3) Put two (oiled if not nonstick) cake pans in the oven for 4 minutes to heat. Remove from oven and divide remaining tablespoons of olive oil between the two pans. Place back in the oven to heat the oil 1 minute, without letting it hit it's smoke point. Remove from oven and divide the batter between the two pans, quickly spreading it even with a spatula. Return to the oven and bake 15 minutes. (4) Remove from the oven, carefully flip the crust, and return to oven to bake another 6-8 minutes. Remove crusts from the oven and set aside to cool slightly.
(5) When cool enough to handle, spread on desired toppings and place back in oven to reheat ingredients if needed, just for a minute or two.