By Tammy Stokes
1. 1 + 1/2 cups roasted macadamia nuts
2. 1 egg
3. 2 tbsp gluten free, all purpose flour
4. 3 lbs wild caught salmon (sliced into 8 equal servings)
5. 2 tbsp olive oil
1. In a food processor chop the macadamia nuts into pea-size pieces. Transfer to a shallow bowl.
2. In another shallow bowl, whisk the egg. Spoon flour onto a cutting board. Press the top of each salmon piece into the flour to coat lightly, then dip the salmon into the whisked egg. Evenly coat the top of each piece with the chopped macadamia nuts by pressing them firmly into the flesh.
3. In a large nonstick saute pan, heat the olive oil on low to medium heat. Add the salmon nut side down. Cook for 2 minutes before flipping. Turn the salmon carefully and finish cooking with the nut side up.