By Frank Dorr
1. 10 oz. organic cherry tomatoes cut in half (equivalent of a standard plastic box)
2. One 28oz can whole peeled san marzano tomatoes
3. 1/2 cup Water
4. 1 clove garlic minced
5. 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
6. 1 tbsp dried basil
7. 1 tsp garlic powder
8. 1/2 tsp black pepper
9. 1 tsp turmeric
10. 1/4 tsp onion powder
11. Salt to taste
1.Heat the olive oil until hot, then add garlic. Garlic burns fast, cook no more than 15 seconds in the pot before adding the water and cherry tomatoes.
2. Cook the cherry tomatoes for about 5 mins before adding everything else, just dump it all in.
3. Simmer a good 15 mins and put it all in the blender and puree. Then put it back on the stove and simmer for 20 to 30 mins until it reaches desired consistency.