By Tammy Stokes
Yields 6 Servings
(1) 12 oz bag of fresh cranberries (organic if possible)
(2) 1/2 - 3/4 cup coconut palm sugar
(3) 1 cinnamon stick
(4) 2 oranges
(5) 2 tbsp orange zest
(1) Pour the bag of cranberries into a sauce pan and add 3 tbsp of water.
(2) Place on medium heat and cook until cranberries begin to burst. Add the cinnamon stick and coconut palm sugar. Stir to melt sugar. Squeeze the oranges adding the fresh juice into the cranberry mixture.
(3) Continue to cook, stirring frequently.
(4) After cooking, stir in the fresh orange zest.