By Tammy Stokes
1. 11 ounce log of goat cheese
2. sourdough baguette slices
3. 1/2 cup of olive oil
4. assorted sliced, raw vegetables of choice
5. 1/2 cup salted, shelled pistachios
6. 1/2 cup golden raisins
7. 1 cup fresh basil leaves
8. 1/4 cup olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Allow goat cheese to sit until it becomes room temperature.
3. Place the baguette slices on a baking tray and brush the top with olive oil.
4. Bake 15 - 20 minutes. Set aside.
5. Make Pesto: In a food processor, pulse the pistachios and raisins until they are pea size. Add basil and pulse again. While the food processor is on low speed, drizzle in the olive oil. If it is too thick, add more oil till the constancy is the way you like it.
* Serving Suggestion: Using a clear serving dish, layer the goat cheese and pesto alternating layers until it is all used up. Place the vegetables and baguette slices on a try arranged around the goat cheese pesto.