By Carrie Dorr
Yield 25 cookies
(1) 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
(2) 1 cup almond flour
(3) 1/2 tsp baking powder
(4) 1/2 tsp baking soda
(5) Dash of Himalayan sea salt
(6) 1/2 tsp cinnamon
(7) 1/2 cup grass-fed butter (8 tablespoons), room temperature (can substitute coconut oil)
(8) 1/2 cup organic coconut palm sugar
(9) 2 fresh organic eggs
(10) 1 tsp vanilla extract
(11) 1/4 cup unsweetened organic applesauce
(12) 1/3 cup Enjoy Life's mini chocolate chips (or chocolate chips of choice), more as desired
(13) 1/3 cup organic raisins, more as desired
(1) Preheat oven to 350 °F.
(2) In a food processor, pulse 1 cup oats a few times and pour into a medium mixing bowl.
(3) Add the rest of the oats, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon to the mixing bowl with the ground oats.
(4) In a separate medium mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar using a hand mixer. You can use a stand mixer here as well.
(5) Add in eggs and vanilla and whisk until just combined.
(6) Pour butter mixture and applesauce into dry ingredients and mix well.
(7) Mix in chocolate chips and raisins.
(8) Roll into balls and gently pat down on baking sheet.
(9) Bake for about 12-15 minutes.
(10) Let cool on a cooling rack and serve!