By Frank Dorr
1. 1 tbsp olive oil
2. 1 medium carrot, medium dice (about 1/2 cup)
3. 1 medium stalk celery, sliced (about 1/2 cup)
4. 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
5. 1 tsp ground turmeric
6. 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
7. 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
8. 1 cup cooked Sorghum
9. 1/4 tsp ground black pepper + more to taste
10. 1/4 cup freshly chopped dill
11. Juice of 1 lemon (about 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice)
1. Set a medium soup pot over low heat. Add olive oil, leeks, carrots, and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until veggies are tender, about 10 minutes.
2. Add garlic and turmeric and cook, stirring frequently, for one more minute.
3. Add the vegetable broth, chickpeas, orzo, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Stir to combine. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring frequently, until the orzo is tender, about 5 minutes.
4. Remove from heat. Squeeze in the lemon juice and stir in the dill. Taste and add additional salt and pepper if desired (I add at least another 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt, but I like things on the salty side.)
5. Serve with additional dill as garnish.