By Carrie Dorr
Yields 9 Muffins
1. 2 1/2 cups almond flour
2. 1/4 cup 100% unsweetened cacao powder
3. 1 tsp baking soda
4. 1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
5. 3/4 cup maple syrup
6. 2 large eggs
7. 1 tbsp vanilla extract
8. 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 9 muffin cups with paper liners.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, cacao powder, baking dosa and salt. In separate bowl combine the maple syrup, eggs and vanilla. A little at a time, add the dry ingredients to the wet, stirring until a batter forms. Fold in 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips.
3. Divide the batter among 9 lined muffin cups, filling each three-fourths of the way. Bake for 20 to twenty five minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove the muffins from the tin, set on a rack and allow to cool completely.
4. To make a chocolate drizzle, melt the remaining chocolate chips in a class bowl, either for 10 seconds in the microwave or over a pot of boiling water. Use a spoon to drizzle the melted chocolate over each muffin. Let the drizzle set, then serve.
5. Store in a sealed container at room temperature for up to 3 days for ideal freshness or freeze for up to 2 month. Defrost before reheating in a low oven.