By Carrie Dorr
Yields 9 Muffins
(1) 2 1/2 cups almond flour
(2) 1/4 cup 100% unsweetened cacao powder
(3) 1 tsp baking soda
(4) 1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
(5) 3/4 cup maple syrup
(6) 2 large eggs
(7) 1 tbsp vanilla extract
(8) 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
(1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 9 muffin cups with paper liners.
(2) In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, cacao powder, baking dosa and salt. In separate bowl combine the maple syrup, eggs and vanilla. A little at a time, add the dry ingredients to the wet, stirring until a batter forms. Fold in 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips.
(3) Divide the batter among 9 lined muffin cups, filling each three-fourths of the way. Bake for 20 to twenty five minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove the muffins from the tin, set on a rack and allow to cool completely.
(4) To make a chocolate drizzle, melt the remaining chocolate chips in a class bowl, either for 10 seconds in the microwave or over a pot of boiling water. Use a spoon to drizzle the melted chocolate over each muffin. Let the drizzle set, then serve.
(5) Store in a sealed container at room temperature for up to 3 days for ideal freshness or freeze for up to 2 month. Defrost before reheating in a low oven.