By Frank Dorr
Yields 2 servings
(1) 1 1/2 tsp coconut oil
(2) 1 1/2 tsp pure maple syrup
(3) 2 tbsp coconut milk
(4) 1/3 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
(5) 1/2 cup unsweetened brown rice cereal
(6) 1/8 tsp sea salt
(7) 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
(8) Two 4-oz. skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips, or chicken tenders
(1) Preheat the oven to 400°F. Coat a baking sheet with the coconut oil and set aside.
(2) Place the maple syrup and coconut milk in a medium bowl and mix well.
(3) Place the shredded coconut, brown rice cereal, salt and pepper in a zip-top plastic bag and crush well.
(4) Dredge the chicken strips in the coconut milk mixture and place a few at a time in the bag, to coat with the coconut mixture. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
(5) Bake for seven to eight minutes per side, until the chicken is cooked through to 165°F.