By Carrie Dorr
Yields 6 Cups or 12 Servings
1. 3 cups quick cooking or steel cut oats
2. 1/2 cup chopped unsalted nuts (walnuts, pecans or slivered almonds)
3. 1/4 cup honey
4. 1/4 cup olive oil
5. 2 tsp vanilla extract
6. 1/4 tsp salt
7. 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
8. 1/2 cup dried fruit
1. Position the rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix the oats, nuts, honey, oil, vanilla, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl until well combined. Spread on a large lipped baking sheet.
3. Bake for 10 minutes. Stir and continue baking until golden brown, about another 10 minutes.
4. Place the baking sheet on a wire rack. Sprinkle the dried fruit on top, stir well.
5. Cool at room temperature for about 1 hour.
*The granola will keep in a sealed, airtight container for about 2 months.