By Carrie Dorr
1. 2 tbsp flaxseed meal
2. 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour or gluten free flour
3. 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
4. 2 tsp cinnamon
5. 1 tsp baking powder
6. 1 tsp baking soda
7. 3/4 tsp fine sea salt
8. 1 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
9. 1/2 cup apricot fruit spread
10. 1 cup grated apple
11. 2 tsp vanilla extract
12. 1/2 cup raisins
1. In a small bowl, combine flaxseed meal with 1/4 cup water. Set aside for 10-15 minutes. The flax will absorb the water and create a thick gel.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line nonstick muffin pan with paper liners and spray the pan lightly with cooking spray.
3. In medium bowl, whisk together flour, oats, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
4. In large bowl, stir together applesauce, apricot fruit spread, gated apple, flax mixture and vanilla. Stir in half of the dry ingredients, then add the remaining half and until combine. Fold in the raisins and stir lightly.
5. Spoon 1/3 cup bater into each muffin cup. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.
6. Remove muffins from the oven and let cool in the muffin pan for a few minutes. Remove muffins from the pan and let cool on a rack for a few minutes.