By Carrie Dorr
1. 3/4 cup blanched almond flour
2. 1/4 cup coconut flour
3. 1/2 tsp baking soda
4. 1/8 tsp sea salt
5. 1 tsp cinnamon
6. 2 eggs
7. 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
8. 1 tsp vanilla extract
9. 2 tbsp maple syrup
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and arrange the oven rack in the center position. Lightly grease a 6 cavity donut pan with non-stick spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flours, cinnamon, baking soda, and sea salt. Mix well.
3. In a smaller bowl, whisk together eggs, applesauce, vanilla extract, and maple syrup. Add the wet ingredients to dry, and continue to stir until well combined.
4. Spoon the batter into your donut pan, filling each cavity to the top. Transfer to the oven and bake for 16-18 minutes (depending on oven). Remove and set aside to cool for a few minutes.