By Tammy Stokes, Founder Cafe West Express
Yields 4 Servings
1. 1lb of Brussels sprouts
2. 2 tsp of ghee (clarified butter)
3. 1 tbsp of fresh squeezed lemon juice
4. 1 + 1/2 tbsp course grained mustard course ground pink salt
1. Prepare Brussels sprouts by washing, trimming and slicing them into halves. Be sure to remove the hard stems.
2. Steam the sprouts until they are barely tender. About 5 minutes.
3. Melt ghee in a saucepan and stir in the lemon and mustard combining the mixture.
4. Toss the mixture with the lightly steamed Brussels sprouts and place in a glass baking dish.
5. Broil to crisp and slightly brown the edges, about 6 minutes.
6. Sprinkle with course pink salt. Serve immediately.